Black Velvet Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
The darkest chocolate cookies around, made with Black Velvet Cacao, mixed with both bittersweet and white chocolate chips, garnished with flaky sea salt. These cookies are decadent and addictive.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup black velvet cacao
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup (white or natural) granulated cane sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips (about 3/4 to 1 cup)
- 5 ounces white chocolate chunks or chips (about 3/4 to 1 cup)
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
1) Combine dry ingredients: In a bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2) Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer). Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, and make sure it is well combined. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
3) Add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine, taking care to not overmix the cookie dough. Fold in the white chocolate chunks and the bittersweet chocolate chunks. Remove the cookie dough from the bowl, wrap it in plastic, and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or better up to 24 hours – this helps create a nice chewy cookie)!
4) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5) Roll the cookie dough into 2-inch balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Press the cookies down just slightly, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
6) Bake the cookies for 11-14 minutes, until they begin to crisp around the edges. The cookies may look underbaked, but they’ll continue to cook a bit as they cool to create a chewy texture. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
7) Transfer leftover cookies to an airtight container (make sure they are completely cooled). Store for up to 5 days.